Monday, April 27, 2009

I Went Grocery Shopping

friday:
i went to the smokin' pig, which was the best choice ever. when i went back in to buy more fried pickles, they gave me a free meal. so that was awesome.
then i had to go to the dance concert. what occurred there cannot be described in words. just know that i was trying so hard to stifle laughter that the girl in front of me (who was black-out) was hitting my leg repeatedly because she was trying to comfort me. said hitting was really loud and inappropriate.
then i came home and grabbed my medicine from the backseat. i came inside and set everything down. then i could not find my medicine. i spent two hours looking for it, instead of just giving up.
during the hunt, i spent some time retracing my steps from the car. i saw something on the lawn. i picked it up. it was a pair of underwear.
...
a pair of MY underwear.
how did it get there? i've never had that pair anywhere other than on my person or in my drawer (or the laundry). truly baffling.

today (monday):
other than my car getting wrecked, it was a pretty good day.
meghan was kind enough to take me to walmart. which is always an experience. but the very best part was seeing this woman shove her child aside forcefully with a determined look in her eye. as the child was midair, the woman walked with a purpose toward the freezer door.
it was the cool whip section.
i love good parenting in action.
then on the way to my house, we saw a young man run into the street and sit on the hood of someone's car. they drove him to his destination.
how very kind.

1 comment:

 
Site Meter